Sexual Misconduct or Relationship Violence Policy
Providence College’s Sexual Misconduct or Relationship Violence Policy applies to all Providence College students and employees (i.e., faculty, staff, administrators), and to all “third parties” (defined for this Policy as visitors, guests, contractors, vendors, and other third parties).
As it is defined in this Policy, conduct is prohibited when it is committed by or against students, employees, or third parties under the following circumstances:
- It occurs on-campus or on property owned or controlled by the College;
- It occurs in the context of a College educational or employment program or activity; or,
- It occurs outside the context of a College educational or employment program or activity but has continuing adverse effects on, or creates a hostile environment for, students, employees, or third parties within such context and/or while on-campus.
- Sexual Misconduct or Relationship Violence Policy
- Appendix A: Sexual Misconduct or Relationship Violence Policy Grievance Procedures for Reports of Policy Violations Against Students
- Appendix B: Sexual Misconduct or Relationship Violence Policy Grievance Procedures for Reports of Policy Violations Against Staff/Administrators
- Appendix C: Sexual Misconduct or Relationship Violence Policy Grievance Procedures for Reports of Policy Violations Against Faculty
Additional Relevant Policies
- Student Handbook
- Student Athlete Handbook
- Anti-Harassment Policy and Grievance Procedures
- Child Abuse or Neglect Reporting Policy
- Code of Conduct When Working with Minors
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Mandatory Reporting – Generally, all employees, except for those designated as confidential resources, are mandated reporters of Title IX incidents and must report such information when the incident involves any student. Reports should be made at the earliest possible time and within 24 hours. Click here to learn more and view the mandatory reporting policy.
Additionally, please take note of the following policies and protocol from the Office of Public Safety:
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Report)
- 60 Day Crime and Fire Log: This log is accessible in the Office of Public Safety and is open to the public for inspection,
upon request, during regular business hours – Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Timely Warning Crime Alert Protocol
- Policy & Procedure Flow Chart by Claim & Population: One-page overview clarifying the appropriate policy and procedure for claims of race, color, national or ethnic origin; age, disability, religion, veteran status, genetic information; and sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity.